28 February, 2011

Colder Weather // Zac Brown Band



When I close my eyes I see you
No matter where I am
I can smell your perfume through these whispering pines
I'm with your ghost again
It's a shame about the weather
But I know soon we'll be together
And I can't wait till then
I can't wait till then
-----
Colder Weather written by Zac Brown, Wyatt Durrette, Levi Lowrey, and Coy Bowles; performed by Zac Brown Band, 2010, from "You Get What You Give"

This is the newest song so far featured here on the BackSell Jukebox. A frightening number of young people tell me there is no good music today. I want to tell them that they're only listening to the images of music (Lady Gaga, Bieber, Bruno "I do cocaine" Mars, etc.) that are merely talentless hacks used by a failing industry to create ephemeral bleeps and bloops that sound good in the moment and appeal to humans on a very shallow, unemotional, and uninspiring level designed merely to gain massive stacks of bills and greens for said struggling industry in an attempt to regain lost income because they do not want to adapt to new technology and would rather everyone repurchase their entire music library every couple of years to fit the new DRM requirements instead of allowing some sort of right-to-listen agreement that carries over to any other medium or technology...um, got away from myself there...images of music instead of people who want to make music regardless of fame, but these young people are too busy walking into water fountains while texting. My point has something or other to do with product-music versus artistic expression... somethingsomething.

Here is a good example for people who think there is no good music today. Colder Weather is one of the best songs performed by ZBB. If you liked this song, check out: Highway 20 Ride, As She's Walking Away and/or Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment